The review panel is comprised of the Title IX Coordinator and additional trained faculty or staff members as determined by the Title IX Coordinator. The review panel will consider a Claimant’s request for anonymity, that an investigation/hearing not be pursued, or that no disciplinary action be taken. The review panel will balance the Claimant’s request against the following factors in reaching a determination on whether the request can be honored:
- The nature and scope of the alleged conduct, including whether the reported behavior involves the use of a weapon;
- The respective ages and roles of the Claimant and the Respondent;
- The risk posed to any individual or to the campus community by not proceeding,
- including the risk of additional violence;
- Whether there have been other reports of Prohibited Conduct or other misconduct by the Respondent;
- Whether the report reveals a pattern of misconduct related to Prohibited Conduct (e.g., via illicit use of drugs or alcohol) at a given location or by a particular group;
- The Claimant’s interest not to pursue an investigation or disciplinary action and the impact of such actions on the Claimant;
- Whether the University possesses other means to obtain relevant evidence;
- Due process considerations for both the Claimant and the Respondent;
- The University’s obligation to provide a safe and non-discriminatory environment; and
- Any other available and relevant information.
The review panel will provide information and advice to the Title IX Coordinator such as:
- Their individual and collective perspectives on whether, how, and to what extent, the University should further investigate the report of Prohibited Conduct;
- What steps may be possible or appropriate when a Claimant and/or a Respondent is unknown or the Claimant requests anonymity and/or no further investigative or adaptable resolution; and
- What other measures or remedies might be considered to address any effects of the reported behavior on the campus community.
The Title IX Coordinator, in consultation with other members of the review panel, will make a determination regarding the appropriate manner of resolution under the Policy. The University will seek resolution consistent with the Claimant’s request, if it is possible to do so, based upon the facts and circumstances, while also protecting the health and safety of the Claimant and the University community.